Request for Proposal (RFP)
|3rd party assessment in |
IVI Project Management Maturity
|< Replacement of Storage System and Network Switch >|
International Vaccine Institute
Seoul, Republic of Korea
|1. SUMMARY AND ORGANIZATIONAL BACKGROUND|
The International Vaccine Institute (IVI, www.ivi.int) is accepting proposals to conduct the 3rd party assessment in IVI project management maturity.
The purpose of this RFP is to solicit proposals from various candidate organizations, conduct a fair and extensive evaluation and select the candidate who meets our requirement the best.
IVI is an international non-profit organization that was founded on the belief that the health of children in developing countries can be dramatically improved by the use of safe, effective and affordable vaccines. Working in collaboration with the international scientific community, public health organizations, governments, and industry, IVI is involved in all areas of the vaccine spectrum – from new vaccine design in the laboratory to vaccine development and evaluation in the field to facilitating sustainable introduction of vaccines in countries where they are most needed. The Institute has a unique mandate to work exclusively on vaccine development and introduction specifically for people in developing countries, with a focus on neglected diseases affecting these regions.
|2. PROPOSAL GUIDELINES|
- This is an open and competitive process.
- Proposals will be accepted until 5 PM, July 10, 2015 local time.
- All proposals must be signed by an official agent or representative of the company submitting the proposal
- The price you quote should be inclusive. If your price excludes certain fees or charges, you must provide a detailed list of excluded fees with an explanation of the nature of the fees.
- The price you quote must exclude V.A.T. Zero tax rate applies to IVI.
- If the execution of work to be performed by your company requires hiring of sub-contractors, you must state this in your proposal. Sub-contractors must be identified and the work they will perform must be defined. The IVI will not refuse a proposal based upon the use of sub-contractors; however IVI has the right to refuse sub-contractors you have selected.
- The IVI will negotiate contract terms upon selection of the winning bidder. All contracts are subject to review by IVI and a project will be awarded upon signing of an agreement or contract, which outlines terms, scope, budget and other necessary items.
|3. PROJECT DESCRIPTION|
From June 2013, IVI started introduce project management methodology. The basic modules were developed in 2013 and communicated internally with key stakeholders in early 2014. And from June 2014, the project management roll-out scope and schedule were decided. The first implementation will be basically happened from the end users level, having corresponding project documents completed and updated as per guideline and share the information via intranet. The implemented project management methodology includes planning (Gantt Chart with MS Project 2013), issues and risks management, project communication management, change log, target product profiles and financial reporting. With the implementation of project management methodology up to date, IVI would like to have look into the project management maturity in the organization via assessment to be done by independent third party and receive recommendations for further improvement.
|4. PROJECT SCOPE AND GUIDELINES|
- Defining the assessment areas and depth
IVI has implemented project management using progressive elaboration in process selection. Before the start of the assessment, the assessor will define and communicate the assessment areas and depth along with activity plan. As IVI is employing PMI standard, the methodology to be used for the assessment also should be under PM BoK and OPM3. All materials to be used in the process of assessment and outputs documents should be in English. Some of the interview needs to be conducted in English.
- Conducting the assessment
The method of the assessment may include below activities but not limited to,
- Validation of documented evidences of project management
- Validation of documented policy and guidelines in relation to the project management
- Interview with project team and/or key personnel
- Interview with the key members of the Leadership Team in relation with project management
- Interview with project management unit staff
- Validation of project management information system and processes
- Survey to related staff
- Indication of work time and period
IVI expects that the net working time required for the activity in IVI will be 5 days, excluding the time for the report preparation and planning for the assessment activity.
- Providing recommendations
The assessor needs to provide recommendations for further improvement. The recommendations should be classified according to the feasibility, easiness of execution and its potential impact.
- Submitting assessment report
The assessor should provide in-depth final report on the project management maturity in English by the end of October, 2015. As the final report will be submitted to IVI’s major sponsor in early November, required activity for the assessment and reporting needs to be scheduled and coordinated to meet the final due.
|5. REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL|
- Base of the Proposal
The proposal needs to include below items.
- Methodology and approach to be used in the PM Maturity Assessment
- Assessment Procedures and Techniques
- Assessment results in the Reports (how the report will be structured in content)
- Assessment results in the Recommendation package (how the recommendation will be structured. E.g. areas, priority, phased approach, etc.)
As described above, net working time in IVI for the assessment will be approximately 5 working days. Including the 5 working days, total schedule including the initiation, planning, report preparation needs to be presented in the proposal.
|6. PROPOSAL AND SELECTION TIMELINE|
- All proposals in response to this RFP are due no later than 5pm, July 10 (Fri) 2015.
- Proposals will be evaluated immediately thereafter. During this time, we may require interviews or presentation of your proposal at our office with our evaluation committee. You will be notified if this is requested.
- The selection decision for the winning bidder will be made no later than August 31, 2015
- Upon notification, contract negotiation will begin immediately with the final successful bidder.
|7. BIDDER QUALIFICATION |
Bidders should provide the following items as part of their proposal for consideration:
- Company information and description of experience
- Personnel/experts who will be assigned to this project (total number, roles, names, man hour, experience etc.)
- Qualification of the key personnel involved
- Reference list, if possible with contact information
|8. PROPOSAL EVALUATION CRITERIA|
- Feasibility of overall plan
- Organizational Experience in PM maturity assessment
- Value and cost
- Technical expertise and experience of the assigned resources
- Communication skills in English
- Communication skills in Korean
Claire (Heeyoung) Kang
- Proposal should be prepared and submitted in English.
- The price you quote must exclude V.A.T. Zero tax rates apply to the IVI.
- Each bidder must submit 2 copies of their proposal to the address below by 5 pm, July 10, 2015 local time:
International Vaccine Institute
SNU Research Park
1 Gwanak-ro, Gwanak-gu, Seoul 151-742 Korea
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgTel: 02-881-1114