The 2022 Introductory Course for Biologics Development and Manufacturing is the first training course under the program Global Training Hub for Biomanufacturing (GTH-B), supported by the South Korean Ministry of Health and Welfare (MoHW) and WHO. It focuses on the training of biomanufacturing staff not only for Korea but for all Low- and Middle-Income Countries (LMICs) interested in the development of biomanufacturing capacity.
The 2-week course is designed as an introductory training course for the bio manufacturing workforce. It includes primary training on pre-clinical & clinical trials, the biologics manufacturing process, quality control & quality assessment, and regulatory affairs to develop and produce vaccines and biologics. The In-person course also offers a great chance to network with 150+ vaccine and biomanufacturing professionals worldwide.
Course Information (Offline, Seoul South Korea)
- Course Content: Basic vaccinology for the biomedical workforce
- Course Duration: 10 working days, (2 calendar weeks)
- Faculty: Area-specific experts
- Hours of Training: 80 hrs including case study, networking workshop and excursions.
- Excursion Sites: Hospital clinical centers, biomedical product development and research sites, manufacturing sites
- Target Trainees: 150 trainees from South Korea and LMICs
- Certificate of completion: Certificates will be issued if trainee participation exceeds 90% of the whole training which will be assessed through exams during the course.