We are seeking a Research Scientists for 2-year-regular positions (renewable) within the Policy & Economic Research Department at the International Vaccine Institute.
The position is a part of a multi-disciplinary team that works on collection of field data and collation of existing evidence to support global, regional and country policy decisions and vaccine access. The position will be involved in health economic studies such as vaccine delivery cost estimation, cost-of-illness data collection, cost-effectiveness analysis, willingness-to-pay studies, vaccine demand forecast, budget impact analysis, vaccine investment case studies, health system and policy analysis, economic tools development and disease impact modeling at global and country levels. The position will have significant travel to low- and middle-income countries where research sites are located, and work will be carried out in collaboration with various departments within International Vaccine Institute and external partners.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
1. Conduct Policy and Economic Research projects
- Develop research plan, write protocol, and create tools for health economics research studies in low- and middle-income countries.
- Implement all aspects of data collection activities in the field and conduct economic and econometric analysis as per the research plan independently.
2. Build networks with internal/external scientist and stakeholders and actively pursue new funding opportunities
- Write manuscript and develop presentations on the research work.
- Develop innovative ideas on policy and health economic research and support writing grant proposals
- Represent the department within IVI, support institutional activities and effectively communicate with external collaborators
Job Requirements and Qualifications
1. Education Requirements
- Master’s degree/PhD with relevant experience.
- Applied Economics, Health Economics, Public Health, Health management or International Development).
- MBBS/MD background is an asset.
2. Related Field Work Experience
- MBBS/M.D./ Ph.D and 5+ years. Exceptional candidates with master’s and 10+ years’ experience may be considered.
- Work experience in conducting health economic studies in LMICs is necessary.
3. Technical and Professional Skills / Knowledge
- Health economics, statistical analysis, econometrics, forecasting, longitudinal data management
- Proficiency in STATA or statistical software is necessary.
4. Language Proficiency
- Fluency in English
- Understanding of French is an asset