We are seeking a Research Assistant for a 2-year-regular position (renewable) at the International Vaccine Institute in Seoul, Korea to work within the Vaccine Process Development Department.
This job is responsible in assisting supervisor or designed scientist in the research and process development activities (upstream, downstream) of vaccine candidate intermediates, drug substances and drug products.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
1. Assist in the development of upstream processes (fermentation) for bacterial and mammalian culture
- Conduct fermentation trial at various scale from shake flask to fermenter (0.5 to 5L) for antigen/intermediate production (recombinant protein and polysaccharide)
- Develop assays to monitor vaccine candidate expression in fermenter and other relevant in process controls and assay.
- Assist in development of scale-up studies for the fermentation process
2. Assist in the development of downstream processes (purification) for different vaccine candidates (Bacterial and viral)
- Assess various purification methods for target antigen to produce the antigen at acceptable purity and cost effectiveness.
- Develop assays to monitor target antigens during purification.
- Develop assays for release and characterization of purified bulks – proteins, inactivated virus, polysaccharides and conjugates.
- Perform scale up studies of developed fermentation and purification processes.
3. Analytical method development for vaccine candidates and its qualification.
4. Support lab management
- Keep detail records in notebook; prepare reports and other documentation as required.
- Regular review of achievement of results and methods used while working under close supervision.
- Support the purchasing of equipment and supplies, well-stocked in order to ensure smooth running of the laboratory.
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
1. Education Requirements
- Master’s degree or equivalent (Biotechnology/ Microbiology / Biochemistry / Analytical Chemistry)
2. Related Field Work Experience
- 0 to 5 years
3. Technical and Professional Skills / Knowledge
- 0 to 5 years of working experience in the field of bioprocess in industries / international organizations.
4. Language Proficiency
- Working level Fluency in English and/or Korean