We are seeking a Research Assistant for 2-year Regular position (renewable) within the Translational Immunology Department at the International Vaccine Institute.
This job is responsible for performing activities related to research projects in Translational Immunology, while supporting lab management.
Main Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage and execute laboratory research activities
- Perform laboratory and animal-related research activities.
- Maintain laboratory procedure manual/SOPs.
- Collect and analyze data, record lab results in research notebooks, and present data.
- Plan and report lab activities through regular meetings with Principal Investigators.
- Assist in writing scientific reports and publications.
- Support lab management
- Monitor laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Assist in training of laboratory personnel.
- Participate in and successfully complete all Institute-required trainings.
- Activities in ABSL/BSL-3 facility
- Perform animal experiments and experiments in ABSL/BSL-3 facility.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Education Requirements
- Master’s degree is preferred
- Related Field Work Experience
- 0+ years
- Technical and Professional Skills / Knowledge
- Experience of BSL/A-BSL level 3expriments is preferred
- Knowledge of biology including vaccine design, immunology, virology, molecular biology, etc.
- Language Proficiency
- Fluency in English