We are seeking a Research Assistant for 2-year Regular position (renewable) within the Translational Immunology Department at the International Vaccine Institute.
This job is responsible for performing activities related to research projects in Translational Immunology, while supporting lab management.
Main Roles & Responsibilities:
- Execute laboratory research activities
- Prepare and manage reagents and media.
- Perform laboratory and animal related research activities.
- Maintain laboratory procedure manual/SOPs.
- Collect and analyze data, record lab results in research notebooks, and present data in the form of figures and graphs.
- Plan and report lab activities through regular meetings with Principal Investigators.
- Support lab management
- Monitor and manage laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Assist in training of laboratory personnel.
- Participate in and successfully complete all Institute required trainings.
- Activities in ABSL/BSL-2 facility
- Perform animal experiments and in vitro experiments.
- Experience in T cell analysis using flow cytometry and ELISpot assay is preferred.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Education Requirements
- Master’s degree is preferred
- Related Field Work Experience
- 0+ years
- Technical and Professional Skills / Knowledge
- Knowledge of biology including vaccine design, immunology, microbiology, molecular biology, virology, etc.
- Language Proficiency
- Fluency in English