We are seeking a Project Manager for a 2-year regular position (renewable) within Program Management team at the International Vaccine Institute in Seoul, Korea. (Duty station : Seoul, Korea)
The Project Manager is responsible for providing overall management and coordination of specific projects to ensure that commitments are fulfilled and results of acceptable quality are delivered on time and within budget. This position also encompasses project resourcing, financial management, issue and risk management, communication and planning, and reporting requirements while communicating with and informing senior management of project progress, deviations and remedial actions as required.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage projects within budget and timeline
- Monitor the delivery of project objectives according to an agreed-upon timeline, quality, and budget in a manner consistent with the IVI Project Management Guidelines.
- Monitor project progress, identify deviations from plans, and recommend rectification measures to keep the project on track.
- Contribute to continuous improvement across the project management process, while working with the Head of Program Management, the PMO, the head of project, and with other project managers in developing and enhancing standard project management methodology.
- Provide periodic project status update reports based on analysis of project data.
- Contribute to the preparation of project-related legal documents (e.g. MOUs, research agreements, service agreements, contracts, etc.) with collaborating institutions, agencies, consultants, and vendors.
- Manage project financials
- Ensure the project plan is accurately reflected in the financial budget and forecast.
- Track and monitor project expenses at a sufficient level of granularity to provide meaningful analysis, and identify the need for reporting to senior management, develop a remediation plan, and/or change requests from baseline plans.
- Contribute to/review periodic financial performance reports by coordinating with PAs and communicate deviations from the original plan and financial consequences thereof.
- Contribute to and coordinate project-related communication within the Project Team and to external stakeholders consistent with Project Charters.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Related Field Work Experience
- 3+ years of demonstrated success working as a project manager in a research/academic/biomedical organization.
- Technical and Professional Skills / Knowledge
- Mastery of MS Office and MS Project
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures
- Financial knowledge of projects, forecasting and monitoring
- Demonstrated success in the simultaneous management of multiple projects
- PMP certification or equivalent required
- Language Proficiency
- Fluency in English