We are seeking a Project Administrator for a 2-year-regular position (renewable) within the Epidemiology, Public Health, Impact Unit at the International Vaccine Institute.
The incumbent of this position is responsible for supporting the projects lead by the EPIC Unit to ensure effective and efficient execution of programmatic and logistical aspects of research project. This includes administrative and research support within the IVI and at field sites as well as supporting the Head of the Unit and other scientists to draft new grants. One major component of the position constitutes the support of the Head of the Unit with managing the network of collaborators as well as cross-project management of budgets overseen by the EPIC Unit.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Program Administration for Epidemiological Studies.
- Manage epidemiological project budgets and sub-grants in accordance with policies and guidelines of donors and the IVI
- Prepare periodical financial reports of the grants to the donors with all required elements indicated in the grant agreement and in accordance with donors’ policies and guidelines and provide that information to program management
- Contribute to the planning and development of scientific agendas and presentations for workshops, trainings and international scientific meeting/conferences
- Collaborate with project managers for the timely execution of the project activities
- Research Support for Epidemiological Studies
- Provide support to scientists in EPIC Unit on development of study protocols, forms, and standard operating and good clinical practice procedures
- Coordinate and monitor submission of project-related institutional review board (IRB)-documents as requested
- Visit study sites to assess program progress, provide feedback and training, logistic support, troubleshooting for scientific and technical issues, and assure capacity-building and compliance to project activities
- Provide on-site procurement of research materials and supplies by identifying manufacturer or provider and securing delivery method
- New Grant Development for Epidemiological Studies
- Develop budget and budget narratives for new grant applications prepared in the EPIC Unit and ensure the accuracy in compliance with all required elements in the proposal
- Attend the conference calls/meetings to develop/negotiate the new funding opportunities and take necessary follow-up actions, especially with regards to financial and administrative aspects
- Provide other support to scientists in the EPIC Unit with new grant preparation as requested
- EPIC Unit management and support DDG, EPIC Provide support to scientists in EPIC Unit on development of study protocols, forms, and standard operating and good clinical practice procedures
- Support DDG, EPIC with Unit-wide expenditure analysis of budgets across projects incl. planning, monitoring and validating resources FTE, site project budgets, others; update project management and Finance & Administration accordingly.
- Support DDG, EPIC to develop/manage the relationship with outside agencies for collaboration and ensure appropriate follow-up.
- Manage the daily schedule of DDG, EPIC, ensuring daily schedule in advance and keeping appointments and meetings on time or changing schedules when necessary.
- Manage DDG, EPIC and other scientists/collaborators travel arrangements and proactively coordinate the pre-planning of trips with other team members, including arranging appropriate travel, visas, trip expense reimbursements and related logistics.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Related Field Work Experience
- 3+ years
- Technical and Professional Skills / Knowledge
- Knowledge in accounting and finance
- Knowledge of general administrative procedures and guidelines
- Proficiency in MS Office and web-based applications
- Knowledge in project management
- Language Proficiency
- Fluency in English