We are seeking a Partner Engagement Manager for a 2-year-regular position (renewable) to work within the Business Development department at the International Vaccine Institute in Seoul, Korea. (Duty station : Seoul, Korea)
This job is responsible to bridge Business Development (BD) of IVI with Global Training Hub for Biomanufacturing (GTH-B) while planning, implementing and following up the on-site consultations to the public and private entities in LMICs and innovative bio-companies in Korea. Key collaborators are IVI’s functional units and scientists, public and private manufacturing partners in Korea and LMICs, global key opinion leaders such as DCVMN and PAVM, MoHW Korea, and potential funders.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
1. Onsite training and consultation for LMICs
- Manage processes in identifying and confirming potential sites for consultation, lead the legal and administrative processes required to commence the consultation.
- Engage with and lead internal and external faculty team established for the onsite training and consultation in identifying the needs, forming, and implementing the program, following up, etc.
- Communicate closely and inclusively with the targeted facility and faculty team formed.
- Submit follow up reports to funders and key stakeholders.
- Report for remained and new opportunities identified during the on-site consultation.
2. Onsite consultation in Korea
- Manage transparent processes including selection criteria, in identifying and confirming potential entities for consultation, after reporting and consultation to DDG of Science, who will monitor and observe the consultations to the Korean entities.
- Plan, execute and follow up the consultation with the support from corresponding units and BD Manager, after receiving confirmation on the selection and consultation plan.
- Submit outcome report to the funder.
3.Field expert engagement
- Seek out and identifies new field experts for existing and potential onsite programs.
- Contribute to the enhanced awareness of the onsite training and consultation program of GTH-B in the marketplace.
- Cultivate strong, long-term relationships with field experts to establish and execute a comprehensive onsite program plan.
4.Other ad-hoc tasks
- Proactively shares subject matter expertise with BD team’s juniors to elevate their capabilities to deliver world class achievements for Global health.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
1. Education Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in science related, business related field
2. Related Field Work Experience
- At least 8 years’ experience with undergraduate degree or 6 years’ experience with a master’s degree in related field: science, business development, or product/project management
3. Technical and Professional Skills / Knowledge
- Excellent skills in MS word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent communication skills in dealing with senior external contacts
- Strong organizational skills; able to juggle multiple priorities.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills; professional presence.
- Program/Project management skills are plus (including MS Project skill)
4. Language Proficiency
- Fluency in English and Korean