IVI in the Media
Launch of New IVI: Strategic Renewal and Organizational Changes
Major exciting developments are in store for the organization. In 2015, IVI underwent a strategic renewal in which core capabilities were re-evaluated and organizational direction was redefined, with support from the Boston Consulting Group (BCG). As a result, IVI is in a much stronger position to deliver on our core mission due to the following changes:
- Revised mission statement to reflect our expanded focus on new and emerging diseases of global health importance such as MERS: Discover, develop, and deliver safe, effective and affordable vaccines for global public health.
- Articulation of a clear strategic direction that builds on our best-in-class product development and translational capabilities.
- Renewed focus on diseases where we have exceptional expertise and experience, including cholera, typhoid, dengue, hepatitis E, and MERS.
- A reorganized scientific lab structure designed to facilitate cross-departmental communication and to focus talent against highest priority activities.
- Streamlined core cost structure that ensures financial sustainability and operational efficiency.
- Strengthened relationships with funders, PDP partners and Developing Country Vaccine Manufacturers (DCVMs) that ensure that IVI will remain at the forefront of efforts to develop affordable vaccines with global, Asian and African public health importance
More information will be issued soon describing in more detail IVI’s new strategy, organization, and focus on cutting-edge vaccine development and delivery. The new team and new direction will help make IVI a stronger organization to deliver greater impact in global health.