We are seeking a Financial Analyst for regular position to work within the Accounting & Finance Department at the International Vaccine Institute in Seoul, Korea.
This job is responsible for providing various financial reports and necessary information to support investigators and managers to effectively manage related funding and expenses. It also coordinates annual budget preparation and rolling forecast so that financial responsibilities can be well planned, and output delivered accurately to high professional standard.
Main Roles & Responsibilities:
- Perform annual budget preparation & rolling forecast
- Communicate on budget plan with relevant teams and provide annual budget schedule with improved budget data file and guideline to all staff.
- Manage budget report file through consolidating, verifying, and finalizing data (budget/FTE & Personal Cost/Fixed Asset) provided by relevant teams and perform analysis on variances
- Develop rolling forecast report (Balance Sheet/PL/Cash Flow/Fixed Asset)
- Drive continuous improvements in forecast and reporting processes.
- Provide financial report and necessary information for management, BOT and other stakeholders
- Provide month and year to date financial reports including paced budget P&L, balance sheet, cash flow, capital expenditure, and other financial data based on rolling forecast.
- Develop reporting package, and manage the reporting of research grants by analyzing budget and actual cost of each research project in accordance with US GAAP.
- Provide reconciled monthly closing package upon verifying GAAP report, budget report and reconciling monthly internal report with part of BS report.
- Prepare financial reports for Head of Finance, COO, FAC, BOT, ROK & other stakeholders
- Manage project information keep update & report finance perspective
- Review and approve grant/objective code creation request by verifying contract about grant and keep update project information in ERP for accurate revenue in budget and actual in accordance with US GAAP.
- Follow-up for update and maintain accuracy of the project information, budget and revenue recognition based on the US GAAP
- Review financial data of donor reports provided by project team
- Review monthly analysis on budget and actual variances prepared by project teams
- Manage other finance-related affairs
- Keep record of the project’s residual fund on a regular basis and inform the project team for follow up
- Request a cash transfer based on cash flow forecast by analyzing time deposit, available cash balance, and regular institutional payment
- Develop the ERP system concerning US GAAP and audit with collaboration from IT team
- Provide continuous all staff training daily basis to implement changes due to US GAAP adoption and ensure compliance with US GAAP related to work.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (Accounting, Business, Economics, or Finance is preferred)
- Related Field Work Experience
- 6+ years
- Technical and Professional Skills / Knowledge
- Knowledge of accounting principle, financial management, and ERP
- Language Proficiency
- Fluency in English