We are seeking a Financial Accountant for a regular position to work within the Accounting & Finance Department at the International Vaccine Institute in Seoul, Korea. (Duty station : Seoul, Korea)
This job is responsible for both accounting and reporting and analysis function. Main two functions will be 1) AR, Closing related support and 2) financial report review and planning preparation.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
1. Responsible for general accounting – treasury, bookkeeping, payment, bank account management.
- Responsible for day-to-day Revenue /AR operations, ensuring compliance with policies.
- Monitor AR aging and ensure timely collection in coupling with accurate clearing of AR.
- Reconciliation of Account Receivable – Contribution receivable, other receivable.
- Daily Bank reconciliation at financial closing, matching between actual cash transaction and system.
- Bank related work including daily communication with banks and creation of new account for regional offices as necessary.
- Vendor creation and the regular related audit.
- Responsible for project card payment process including coordinating vender for arrangement & executing the procedure.
2. Support monthly/yearly end closing & monitoring B/S account.
- Prepare regular financial data after closing, monthly closing, and year-end closing.
- Provide fund-in list, a summary of both a fund from donor and cash basis donation.
- Maintain general ledger, including preparing journal entries, coding invoices, account analysis, and account receivable reconciliation.
3. Manage project information & provide reporting data
- Review both grant/ objective code requests on creation, update and close.
- Verify contract contents with grant/objective codes, check with project admins to keep project information accurate.
- Review financial report requested from donors.
- Prepare quarterly report on the expense of Director General.
- Support budgets & forecasts procedure
- Keep track and follow up on project information with project admins focused on budget and expense.
4. Manage other finance related affairs
- Assist with recording of the project’s residual fund on a regular basis, communicating with project with if, any variance occurred.
- Contribute to improving ERP and necessary templates (e.g. JET, Macro excels) used for finance team with support of IT team.
- Support Corporate card management
- Support new joiners in project team to ensure smooth finance-project team cooperation.
- Support internal control and auditing.
- Support ad-hoc data preparation for financial reports in the timely manner.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
1. Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (Business, Accounting or Economics)
2. Related Field Work Experience
- 3~10 years
3. Technical and Professional Skills / Knowledge
- Knowledge of accounting and ERP
4. Language Proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Korean and English under complex business circumstances in a clear/concise manner.