We are seeking a Communication Manager for a 2-year-regular position (renewable) to work within the Europe Regional Office at the International Vaccine Institute in Stockholm, Sweden. (Duty station : Stockholm, Sweden)
This job is an integral part of the IVI Europe Regional Office (IERO) and closely collaborates with the central Global Affairs & Communications team. The role involves developing and implementing communications strategies and overseeing visual materials to strengthen IVI’s European presence and storytelling activities while building key relationships with external stakeholders and the media. The position is located at the IERO in Stockholm, Sweden.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
1. Develop the creation and dissemination of communications materials tailored to key European audiences, and may support the communication with African audiences
- Lead writing and editing of external communications related to IERO activities including press releases, announcements, speeches, annual reports, factsheets, newsletters, blogs, project highlights, presentations etc.
- Manage IEROs input to IVIs website and social media channels including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube; provide social media content for IERO and the IVI leadership
- Assist internal communications and communications needs of IERO, and with other IVI departments as needed
2. Manage engagement with European media including major media outlets and secure coverage on IVI
- Develop and update a global media list; build relationships with foreign correspondents, especially in the European and African health/vaccine sections
- Coordinate press interviews with European media; draft talking points
- Conduct interviews with key IVI stakeholders and create feature articles
- Elevate internal thought leaders by polishing and pitching opinion pieces
3. Shape the Swedish and European communication strategy in alignment with IVIs Global Communications Strategy
- Develop key messages and implement a yearly editorial calendar with social media campaigns and internal milestones
- Develop and oversee influencer list and Goodwill Ambassador program
- Build relationships with communications units of key stakeholders and peer organizations in Europe and beyond through participation in meetings and cooperating with European-based agencies and networks such as the global immunization network.
4. Organize advocacy events and pursue partnership opportunities
- Conceptualize and execute high-level events, webinars with partners, etc.
- Provide support for the IVI leadership at European regional events
- Provide support in the communications activities related to IVIs participation and organization of scientific conferences and workshops
The headquarters of IVI is in Seoul, Korea. The position requires flexibility with regards to time differences between Sweden and Korea. The candidate will be required to participate in both IERO activities, as well as meetings with the Global Affairs & Communications team at IVI headquarters.
Provide media training to IVI spokespersons, if needed.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
1. Education Requirements
- BA in communications, journalism, English, international relations, language and literature or related field, or scientific background with substantial experience in communication, writing and related fields of work
2. Related Field Work Experience
- 8+ years of experience with undergraduate degree or
- 6+ years of experience with a Master’s degree in PR and communications, and/or media relations, or scientific communication
3. Technical and Professional Skills / Knowledge
- Excellent skills in English writing and editing
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
- Specialized understanding of media, marketing, public relations and/or scientific communication
- Understanding of social media and digital marketing tools such as Tweetdeck, Twitter Ads, Twitter Analytics, Google Analytics
- Photography skills, Photoshop other design software are a plus
4. Language Proficiency
- Fluent in English and Swedish; fluency in other European language a plus