We are seeking an Associate Researcher for a 2-year-regular position (renewable) at the International Vaccine Institute in Seoul, Korea to work within the Vaccine Process Development Department.
This job is responsible in assisting supervisor or designed scientist in the research and process development activities (upstream, downstream) of vaccine candidate intermediates, drug substances and drug products.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
1. Assist in the strain selection and cell bank development and its characterization
2. Assist in the development of upstream processes (fermentation) for different bacterial/mammalian cells
- Conduct fermentation trial at various scale from shake flask to fermenter (0.5 to 10L) for antigen/intermediate production
- Develop assays to monitor vaccine candidate expression in fermenter and other relevant in process controls and assay.
3. Assist in the development of downstream processes (purification) for different vaccine candidates (Bacterial and viral)
- Assess various purification methods for target antigen to produce the antigen at acceptable purity and cost effectiveness.
- Develop assays to monitor target antigens during purification.
- Develop assays for release and characterization of vaccine antigens – proteins, polysaccharides and viral.
- Perform scale up studies of developed purification processes
4. Support lab management
- Keep detail records in note book; prepare reports and other documentation as required.
- Regular review of achievement of results and methods used while working under close supervision.
- Support the purchasing of equipment and supplies, well-stocked in order to ensure smooth running of the laboratory
Job Requirements and Qualifications
1. Education Requirements
- Master’s degree
2. Related Field Work Experience
- 5 years and more
3. Technical and Professional Skills / Knowledge
- Experience in fermentation and separation techniques
4. Language Proficiency
- Basic proficiency in English and Fluency Korean