We are seeking an Associate Researcher for a 2-year regular position (renewable) to work within the Typhoid Department at the International Vaccine Institute in Seoul, Korea.
This job is responsible for the incumbent of this position is responsible for supporting the ongoing vaccine development programs and projects for the effective and efficient execution of various activities under the program.
Main Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide scientific support in research projects
- Contribute to the planning and development of scientific agendas and presentations for workshops, trainings and international scientific meeting/conferences
- Ongoing verification of program-related and site-related documents, including protocols, informed consents, study forms, and scientific as well as financial reports, and visiting study sites to assess program progress, provide feedback and training, troubleshooting for scientific and technical issues, and assure capacity-building and compliance to project activities
- Provide support for legal documents such as research agreements, memorandum of understandings, and service agreements for the assigned program areas
- Provide support to project team on study design and development of study protocols, forms, and standard operating and good clinical practice procedures (if relevant to the project/study) in provision of technical guidance in the field
- Provide operational support in research projects
- Coordinate and monitor submission of project-related institutional review board (IRB)-documents as requested
- Work closely with the ADG and Project Team at the IVI and site collaborating institutes for the successful implementation and delivery of project activities with quality and in timely
- Assist in preparation of training materials relevant to the study project for internal and external use as appropriate.
- Participate in the regular Project Team meetings and conference calls and assist the ADG to prepare agenda for meetings and follow-up on action
- Assist the ADG in preparation of any project related materials such as presentations and reports for internal and external
- Perform any other tasks required, which may include additional background research data collection, information gathering, preliminary analyses, literature review
- Publication support
- Support in creating reports for results sharing and assisting field evaluation and monitoring
- Support in analyzing data for trends and associations for publication
- Contribute in drafting/editing/reviewing of scientific publications
- Support Proposal writing
- Work with ADG and team to develop new proposals as needed
- Support in document collection and review
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree or equivalent
- Related Field Work Experience
- 2+ years for Bachelor’s degree; 1+ year for Master’s degree
- Technical and Professional Skills / Knowledge
- Knowledge of basic epidemiology, clinical research, GCP, good analytical and writing skills, etc.
- Knowledge of data analysis programs if possible
- Language Proficiency
- Fluency in English and Korean