We are seeking a Associate Research Scientist (Biosafety Training) for a 2-year regular position (renewable) to work within the Biosafety team at the International Vaccine Institute in Seoul, Korea.
This job is responsible for developing training modules, conducting training and evaluating the trainees for the expertise area of IVI’s K Vaccine Training Program.
Main Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop training modules, conduct training and evaluate the trainees for the expertise area of IVI’s K Vaccine Training Program under supervison of Senior Officer, Biosafety and Lab Maintenance
- Lead development of curriculum and material based on standard methodology confirmed within IVI in coordination with other relevant stakeholders.
- Guide K Vaccine Training Program trainees to help trainees reach the targeted goals.
- Participate in whole training program and roadmap development.
- Support and Motivate trainees to actively participate in all aspects of the training process.
- Report and maintain required communications with the funder on area of training responsible for.
- Provide consultation and advise to potential industry partners as directed by Senior Officer, Biosafety and Lab Maitenance
- Participate in consultation activities for the selected industry partners through the K Vaccine Program, by providing expertise knowledge, experience, and advice.
- Seek proactively opportunities to support industry partners which need expert advice and contribute to the global health.
- Other activities
- Provide support to unit (or department).
- Development of biosafety Training program of institution, joined in Biosafety guideline and SOP revisionPlan and conduct on-site consultation program within K Vaccine Program
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Education Requirements
- University post-graduate
- Major in biology or biology related
- Related Field Work Experience
- 6+ years with Master’s degree, 3+ years with Ph.D.
- Technical and Professional Skills / Knowledge
- Biosafety officer specialist license
- Technical background in microbiology, biochemistry, and basic physical and biological sciences.
- Knowledge of laboratory and clinical practices and biosafety, including containment equipment
- Knowledge of engineering principles relevant to the design, operation, and maintenance of facilities preferred .
- Language Proficiency
- Proficient in English communication, both verbal and written