We are seeking a Associate Research Scientist (Biosafety Training) for a 2-year regular position (renewable) to work within the Biosafety team at the International Vaccine Institute in Seoul, Korea. (Duty station : Seoul, Korea)
This job is responsible for developing training modules, conducting training and evaluating the trainees for the expertise area of IVI’s K Vaccine Training Program.
Main Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop training modules, conduct training and evaluate the trainees for the expertise area of IVI’s K Vaccine Training Program under supervison of Senior Officer, Biosafety and Lab Maintenance
- Lead development of curriculum and material based on standard methodology confirmed within IVI in coordination with other relevant stakeholders.
- Guide K Vaccine Training Program trainees to help trainees reach the targeted goals.
- Participate in whole training program and roadmap development.
- Support and Motivate trainees to actively participate in all aspects of the training process.
- Report and maintain required communications with the funder on area of training responsible for.
- Provide consultation and advise to potential industry partners as directed by Senior Officer, Biosafety and Lab Maitenance
- Participate in consultation activities for the selected industry partners through the K Vaccine Program, by providing expertise knowledge, experience, and advice.
- Seek proactively opportunities to support industry partners which need expert advice and contribute to the global health.
- Other activities
- Provide support to unit (or department).
- Development of biosafety Training program of institution, joined in Biosafety guideline and SOP revisionPlan and conduct on-site consultation program within K Vaccine Program
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Education Requirements
- University post-graduate
- Major in biology or biology related
- Related Field Work Experience
- 6+ years with Master’s degree, 3+ years with Ph.D.
- Technical and Professional Skills / Knowledge
- Biosafety officer specialist license
- Technical background in microbiology, biochemistry, and basic physical and biological sciences.
- Knowledge of laboratory and clinical practices and biosafety, including containment equipment
- Knowledge of engineering principles relevant to the design, operation, and maintenance of facilities preferred .
- Language Proficiency
- Proficient in English communication, both verbal and written