We are seeking an Associate Research Scientist for a 2-year-regular position (renewable) to work within the Clinical Development Department at the International Vaccine Institute in Seoul, Korea. (Duty station : Seoul, Korea)
This job is responsible for leading/assisting clinical research projects from design, through initiation and completion in full accordance with GCP guidelines, relevant regulations and conducted with the highest quality and ethical standards. This position must flexibly support multiple projects of different stage and scope and develop new funding opportunities consistent with IVI’s mission and goals.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
1. Oversee the conduct and complete clinical projects & studies
- Design, implement, and supervise clinical trials or other clinical research projects (epidemiological studies, vaccination campaigns….) (protocol and related documents, submission IRBs and NRA in close collaboration with site PI.
- Serve as a Project Technical Lead on a multidisciplinary Project Team with overall responsibility for the technical execution of the Project. Together with the Project Manager, ensure Project objectives are delivered to an agreed timeline, quality and within budget.
- Ensure in close collaboration with Program Management, Clinical Operations and Project Administration that potential partners have the capacity to conduct clinical research in partnership
- Contribute to developing budget in close collaboration with Project Management, Clinical Operations and Project Administration to accommodate project activities within available sponsored fund.
- Contribute in close collaboration with Clinical Operations to the selection and definition of terms of contract of Contract Research Organization (CRO) whenever needed.
2. Assist in Generating and developing original clinical research ideas into successful grant proposals to further organizational goals
3. Develop and maintain existing external networks and develop potential partners
- Assist IVI in linking global and regional level partnerships to maximize relevance and impact of IVI work
- Represent IVI in professional circles through meetings, conferences and presentations to use the network as leverage for program sustainability and scale up.
- Identify potential partners/countries for implementation of clinical research.
4. Support development of IVI clinical infrastructure
- Contribute to the strengthening of all clinical research activities at IVI through support and mentoring of others and process improvement activities.
5. Documentation and dissemination
- Publish scientific papers and give presentation at conferences internally and externally.
- Ensure that the scientific evidence of the research projects are published and shared with the international community timely and in compliance with international standards.
6. Assist in writing grants and proposals for new funding to CARE/IVI
Job Requirements and Qualifications
1. Education Requirements
- Medical Doctor
2. Related Field Work Experience
- 3+ years
3. Technical and Professional Skills / Knowledge
- GCP knowledge and experience. Knowledge of statistics, epidemiology and study design.
- Experience working on clinical trial design and implementation, preferably with vaccines and in a developing country setting.
- Demonstrated success in authoring publications in peer reviewed journal
4. Language Proficiency
- Fluency in spoken and written English