We are seeking an Animal Research Facility Technician for a 2-year regular position (renewable) at the International Vaccine Institute in Seoul, Korea to work within the Animal Facilities department.
This job is responsible for housing laboratory animals and maintaining appropriate animal research environment according to the IVI guidelines and SOPs.
Main Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide housing of laboratory animals
- Take care of animals, including feeding, housing environment, and separating animals in poor health.
- Exchange new cages for housing animals every week.
- Check the condition of animals and report to ARF supervisor.
- Provide water and feed to housing animals twice 2 weeks.
- Separate animals in poor health and treat them by the order of ARF supervisor.
- Maintain animal housing environment and prepare animal housing supplies
- Check temperature and humidity every day and conduct environmental monitoring every three month and report to ARF supervisor.
- Check the animal housing equipment and related ARF equipment to maintain animal facility
- Collect infected experiment material into the infectious waste box and sterilize them.
- Washing and autoclaving animal housing supplies if necessary.
- Transfer the sterile cages, housing supplies and personal protection equipment to ARF clean storage and laboratories.
- Prepare disinfectant each housing area and laboratories, and clean and disinfect housing room on a daily basis.
- Support ARF management and laboratory animal research activities
- Keep record of housing animals and environment and manage documents to prepare external/internal inspection.
- Check, record, and report about the condition of animals, housing environment, housing equipment, and stock of supplies in compliance with international/domestic guidelines and ARF SOPs.
- Provide animal research support for external research team through primary experimental procedures.
- Participate in and successfully complete all Institute required trainings.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Education Requirements
- Junior college graduate or university graduate
- A laboratory animal related department graduate or graduating student
- Animal research experienced person of KALAT (Korea Association for Laboratory Animal Technician) Certificate holders will be given preference
- Related Field Work Experience
- 2+ years
- Technical and Professional Skills / Knowledge
- Knowledge of housing and laboratory animals
- Language Proficiency
- Basic in English