IVI is involved in all aspects of bringing a vaccine to reality:
- Discover new technologies to make new vaccines or improve existing ones.
- Develop promising vaccine candidates for licensure and WHO prequalification by transferring the technology to manufacturers and partnering with them on clinical development.
- Deliver licensed vaccines in low-income countries by generating scientific data on the need for vaccines and the impact of vaccination for decision makers.
- Building capacity in vaccinology in developing countries through technical assistance and training to promote self-sufficiency and sustainability in vaccines and vaccination.
- Building partnerships in Asia and globally for vaccines and global health.